Since being released in November of last year, Chase has waived the annual fee for the first year on the new Chase Ink Business Preferred card if you apply in branch. Unfortunately Chase has now announced they will no longer waive the first years annual fee if you apply in branch.
While it’s sad Chase will no longer waive the annual fee on in branch Chase Ink Business Preferred applications, I’m happy to say Chase did not announce any changes to the current public sign up bonus and card benefits. The current sign up bonus and card benefits are as follows:
- 80,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- 3x points per $1 on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services and advertising purchases made with social media and search engines on the first $150,000 spent
- 1x points per $1 on all other purchases
- Earn a 25% bonus on points redeemed through the Chase travel portal
- Access to 11 Chase transfer parters
- Cell Phone Protection
- Travel Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
One benefit of in-branch applications does remain, which is potential card pre-approvals which get you around the Chase 5/24 rule. I was lucky enough to be pre-approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve back in November, which allowed me to get the card despite being well above 5/24.
Hat Tip to The Points Guy